Thursday 17 March 2011

7: Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?


There are many things I have learnt from looking back on my preliminary task. During the filming of the preliminary task, there was not tripod used meaning a lot of the shots were shaky and this resulted in our preliminary task to look unprofessional. Furthermore, in the final film that I made I used a tripod meaning shots were a lot more still. This immediately makes the film look more professional.

I also learnt about the various camera shots and techniques that I could apply to my final film. These included low angle shots to represent power and status as well as tracking shots to track character movement. It was also clear from my preliminary task that keeping the subject in shot and in the centre was a lot more challenging that I thought. As I began to film the final opening, I concentrated very hard on making sure the character was in the centre of the shot all the time. Whilst the character was walking, it was quite hard to keep her in shot all the time so as a result I decided to place the two cameras at various points along her path and then capture her walking past and into the distance from various angles. This proved effective and I got this idea of placing the camera down like this from our preliminary task as I felt that we did not use enough camera shots during the task meaning I had lots of ideas floating around for the final film.

From the preliminary task to the final film, it was clear that I had edited much more and used the software more effectively than I did in the preliminary task. In the preliminary task I only used simple cutting tools just to get rid of the clips we didn’t need. This changed dramatically when I was editing for the final film. This is because as well as cutting clips, I would also have to piece them together more successfully and make sure every shot matched up well and didn’t look jumpy. Of course then I had to use the editing software for lighting and slow motion effects, which is a lot more in depth than anything I did for the preliminary task.

Overall I feel that I have made a sufficient amount of progression throughout the course and in particular, the editing process. I am very pleased with the progress I have made from the preliminary task right up to the final edit of my final film opening.







No comments:

Post a Comment