Thursday 17 March 2011

4: Who would be the audience for your media product?


I thought about the age certificate I would label my film opening with in the very early stages of brainstorming my ideas. I knew that if I labelled it roughly in the early stages then I could create it to suit this age group and therefore the audience I targeted. I decided to rate my film opening a 15 as I feel that there is no violence or gore meaning it is not an 18 certificate but the concept and ideas behind the storyline are quite hard-hitting which is why I gave the opening a rating of 15 as I do not feel that anyone younger should be subject to this terrorist situation and stream of ideas. This certificate would only really apply if the film was produced and made into a full-length film by a production company. I feel that my film will appeal to both male and females from the ages of 15-30 as it includes lots of mature ideas as well as some ideas that the younger end of my target audience would relate to such as the main actress. http://big-tymer.blogspot.com/2010/11/target-audience.html

In my blog during the early period of the course, I didn’t decide on a particular age group for my target audience but I did decide on the type of target audience. I decided that this film would appeal to anyone who enjoys watching thriller films as my film idea covered a wide range of realistic scenarios so I felt it would appeal to any age. After finishing the film, I feel it is easier to put an age certificate on the film as I have had more time to think about how the film will develop into a full length film.

No comments:

Post a Comment