Wednesday 26 January 2011

Police Helicopter Voice Over

I have started to draft the recording I need to do for the aerial scene at the beginning of our film. I have some recording equipment at home whereby I record my own music and this is perfect for what we are trying to do in our film. We want to re-create a police helicopter pilot reporting to officers on the ground from a YouTube clip we have found. I will then use the script from this and then re-write it so that it sounds more appropriate to the specific location of our film. For example, the YouTube clip is reported over somewhere up North so obviously we could not use this exact scripting as it would not relate to Saffron Walden, our film location, in any way.


Yesterday I began to re-write the script and did a few practise attempts on my equipment. I felt that I needed to find some sort of effect for my voice so it sounds more like I am speaking from a helicopter and not a vocal booth. I am currently trying to find this effect on Google but have had no luck yet.


In the worst case scenario, I may not find the appropriate effect so I will have to use what I have and change the sound on the editing software I have in order to edit my music.

No comments:

Post a Comment